As human beings, we end up spending a lot of time on our feet because of the work we do. While our feet are important in helping us stand, walk, and run, a lot of us ignore taking care of them. If your feet are being overworked, without you taking their relaxation under consideration, soon enough you’re going to face problems. One such foot condition is known as Plantar Fasciitis.
The plantar fascia is the flat band of tissue that connects your heel bone to your toes. It supports the arch of your foot. The inflammation of your plantar fascia causes a condition known as plantar fasciitis.
It is most common in runners, overweight people, and individuals who wear shoes with inadequate support. It can occur at any age, but it is more commonly seen between the ages of 40 to 60. Furthermore, it is twice as common in women as in men. A lot of athletes also face this problem.
So, what are you to do?
Plantar Fasciitis is a curable condition. However, you need to figure out what works for you the best. Plantar fasciitis requires a combination of different treatments which may include footwear, insoles, exercise, and even something as simple as resting your foot.
This is where a foot massage ends up playing a role. Not only does it help alleviate the pain you experience from plantar fasciitis it also enables your body to relax and prevent such a foot condition from arising in the first place.
Advantages of a Foot Massager
In a sense, the advantages of investing in a good foot massager are endless. It provides great help when it comes to relieving pain. It also improves your mood and overall health. It gives a relaxing and soothing effect not only to your body but your mind as well.
Following are some of the benefits you can experience from a foot massager and why you should invest in one:
- Improves your health and mood
A foot massager not only makes you pain-free but it also helps improves your overall health, and stimulates your mood in a positive manner. The relaxing vibrations and kneading of massagers will make you feel relaxed and comfortable in your entire body after a long day.
- Regulates blood circulation
Foot massagers also help to improve your blood circulation, not only in your legs but in your entire body. Proper blood flow ensures that your internal organs remain healthy and your nervous system remains active. You might not know this, but the nerves in your feet are connected to every part of your body. So, stimulating the nerves in your feet has a positive effect all over.
- Promotes better sleep
Use a foot massager before going to bed, and you’ll experience a deep sleep. A soothing and relaxing foot massager will help your body unwind by relaxing the nerves and muscles.
- Relieves aches and pain
Reflexology therapy, present in most foot massagers, can treat different kinds of pain and aches. This is why owning a foot massager is also helpful when treating plantar fasciitis, enabling you to soothe severe pain.
- It’s even for athletes
As an athlete, a foot massager not only helps you to get rid of pain from running continuously or from foot injuries, but also it prevents you from further injuries due to stressed nerves and muscles.
Now that you know about the advantages of owning a foot massager, below is a list of the three best foot massagers for plantar fasciitis you can opt for. All of these massages provide you with benefits that have been mentioned above.
#1 Med Massager MMF06 11 speed foot massager
The Med Massager MMF06 11 Speed Foot Massager is one of the most powerful electrical massagers currently available in the market. This is best suited for people who are on their feet most of the time as well as those who end up experiencing severe foot pain and blood circulation issues due to diabetes and neuropathy.
Its 11 speed setting allows you to set the speed according to your needs. You can use this device for an intense massage or lower the speed for a lighter experience. Its rugged and reliable surface helps to give you a relaxing foot massage. You won’t have to worry about your feet falling off from the device while in use. The Med Massager MMF06 is also one of the devices that are recommended by doctors for treating plantar fasciitis.
All you need to do is use this machine for 15 minutes daily. It’ll also help with numbness from neuropathy. Don’t be surprised if you feel so relaxed that you end up sleeping. It’s not noisy and gives great pain relief. You can also get rid of aches from all over your legs. Diabetic patients can use this device before going to bed for better sleep.
- The optimally designed foot pad provides comfortable support.
- It has an oscillating foot pad with arch bar for toes and heels.
- 11 variable speeds are present for adjusting intensity.
- Contains a kit to use on hardwood and tiled floor.
- The back and forth movement will produce good blood flow not just in your feet but in your legs as well.
- Suitable for most foot types.
- The construction of the massager’s surface is such that it will cover all your pressure points.
- One of the most powerful massagers with speed control.
- The design of the massager might be too bulky for some users.
- Doesn’t come with a remote control.
#2 uComfy Shiatsu foot massager with heat
The uComfy Shiatsu foot massager is another efficient device you can opt for to provide you with a relaxed body. It regulates blood flow through vibrations and kneads. A Shiatsu massage means finger pressure massage. Also, this massager consists of shiatsu therapy which makes it stand out from the rest. It massages the whole foot, including the top and bottom, which makes for a good way to balance your blood pressure. The most significant quality of this massager is that it also gives you a heated massage which is far rejuvenating than most massages and helps to relax your leg muscles and aching feet.
If you’re suffering from foot pain, the uComfy Shiatsu foot massager is for you. Furthermore, you can set this device in such a way that gives you an intense massage which is helpful for treating plantar fasciitis. It’s also suitable for most foot sizes.
- Gives heated air massage.
- It being lightweight makes this device easy to carry from one place to another.
- The cloth cover is washable.
- Provides you with a shiatsu massage therapy at home.
- Helps in providing soothing kneads to your foot.
- Efficient and comfortable design and appearance.
- Contains standard plug-in power source.
- A quiet device which doesn’t make a lot of noise.
- An appealing design which looks nice in any home.
- This massager works great on your toes and sole of the feet but hardly touches arch and heel.
#3 Aw Kneading Rolling Foot Leg Massager Calf w/ Remote Control Personal Home Health Care Equipment
The third device on our list is the Aw Kneading Rolling Foot Leg Massager. This unit offers both, kneading and rolling facility through shiatsu and reflexology therapy. It is designed with such functions to not only make your pain go away but it also treats your tension and fatigue effectively.
It contains variable speed function so you can set it at the intensity you prefer. It’s easy to use and comes with a variety of massage programs which help cater to different foot sizes and condition.
If you’re someone who enjoys intense massages then this device is for you. Just use this massage for about 15 minutes a day to ensure that your feet are relaxed. The intensity is dependent on your foot intensity so make sure you set the right speed.
- Helps provide relief from tension and fatigue through a rolling and kneading design.
- Contains both auto and manual programs.
- Adjustable speed from high, medium to low, so you can set it according to your need and choice.
- Good for personal care and health.
- Effective healthy massage for dual foot, single foot or sole region.
- The cloth is removable so that you can wash it and keep it clean.
- Can be operated either through the handy touch panel or remote control.
- Easy to operate.
- 3 custom modes to target your toes, arch, and the sole of your feet.
- It can be a bit noisy during use for a few users.
- Weighing near 40 pounds, it can be a bit heavy for some users.
All of the foot massagers mentioned above are helpful for curing plantar fasciitis, but keep in mind that you also have to pair massaging with using appropriate insoles and footwear for the best results. While all of the mentioned devices are efficient if one were to choose then the uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with heat is a good option to go for. The variable speeds and heat will help you feel relaxed in just a few minutes.