As the famous painter, Leonardo da Vinci said, “The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art!” We always care to look good, but in our busy schedule, we do not find the time to take care of our feet. Because of our day to day activities, our feet become weary, and they also lose their tidiness. But don’t worry, because a foot spa either at a salon or home can do the job.
Foot spa is basically a technique to provide relaxation to foot. This method includes scrubbing, massaging and detoxifying, cleansing, applying foot lotion and rejuvenating the lost energy of the feet. So in this contemporary era, foot spa machines are being commonly used in the salons. If you don’t have time to visit the salon, you can use a foot spa machine at home as well to benefit from the various advantages of a pedicure.
Pedicures are a therapeutic regimen of skin care that targets the foot from the heel to the toe. Pedicures are a great experience especially in our stressful lives; they improve our mental health and provide relief from routine hectic life.
Different brands have introduced foot spa machines in their product lines, but their effectiveness isn’t promised. However, there is a product whose application has been fantastic, and that is Dr. Scholl's Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa Machine. Check out this detailed review to find out what you are missing out on!
- Soothing massage bubbles
- Smart heat
- On/Off setting
- Accunode Basin
- Removable pumice stone to soften heels
- Pedicure set for beautiful feet
- Waterproof control
- Splash guard
More about the features
Let us go through a few of the features of this massager in detail.
1. Heating element
Admittedly, the heater isn’t top-notch however it can do its job to a certain extent. Keep in mind that the heating element will not heat up the cold water. You can try it out, but it will take a long time since the heater isn’t too powerful. However, the heating element is sufficient for maintaining the heat. So, if you’re one of those people that love a long soak, this product will work for you! It can be said that this product comes with, perhaps, the best heating element while keeping the cost of the massage low.
2. Soothing massage bubbles
Instead of taking the standard water jet approach, the massager has taken the bubble approach. As a result, the massage becomes quite relaxing. The vibrations are also quite helpful, and they replicate the benefits of a massage this helping to soothe the muscles.
You can also find a roller in the middle of the center. You can run the feet over the roller for a focused massage on certain parts of the feet. This is quite helpful for massaging the arches. In other massagers, the rollers are usually found on the bottom of the basin on the sides which makes it inconvenient and tough to reach. Putting the roller in the middle and not so deep in the basin makes the roller easier to reach.
4. Splash guard
On top of the basin, there is a splashguard that helps to prevent the water from sloshing over.
5. Pedicure set
Since this is a “for her” product, there is also a nice little pedicure kit so that the females can treat themselves! The kit is not of the best quality yet it is a nice touch. This kit includes a nail brush that has a handle which hooks to the rim of the spa basin, toe separators, and nail clippers to get the full pedicure experience.
6. Pumice stone
The pumice stone is located at the center and the front. This stone is ideal for removing the dead skin from the feet and for exfoliating them.
Why Choose Dr. Scholl's Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa?
Dr. Scholl’s invigorating pedicure foot spa machine is highly recommended by professionals. Dr. Scholl’s foot spa device is advertised as “For Her,” but can also be used by men who have a foot size that under 13.
It is a five piece pedicure set and provides a soothing massage. Instead of using blades that are very damaging to the skin, a pumice stone is more promising in removing callus/dead skin cells. It has an inbuilt rolling massager that renews energy and makes your feet feel relaxed. It weighs only 4.8 pounds which mean that this foot spa can be carried here and there easily.
This foot spa machine comprises a smart heat unit so that the water remains warm during the massage. This creates a relaxing effect. The size of Dr. Scholl's Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa is sufficient enough to soak the entire foot. It is manufactured in the USA and can be shipped to other countries; and unlike other products, this foot spa machine does not make any kind of annoying noises when it is used.
How Dr. Scholl's Pedicure Foot Spa Works
Dr. Scholl's Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa is very easy to use. It works by adding water first. Here the temperature of the water is up to you; it can be scalding hot, or it can slightly cool as well. It is up to your preference. It is completely safe to mix bath salts into the water and then pour it into the massager.
Bath salts give an incredibly soothing sensation, so it’s a good idea to incorporate them in your pedicure. This foot bath massager is turned on by an on/off setting and comprises of no other bells or whistles which are often installed in other bath massagers. Thus, this foot spa machine is quite easy to handle.
The ‘Acunode’ basin consists of smooth bumps that generate bubbles and vibration that helps in the circulation of blood throughout the body. It also has a massage roller located on the top of massager on which you can rub any part of your feet. The noise made by the vibrations is not loud and gives comfort. It keeps the water warm for 20 minutes which is long enough to pamper your foot.
- Do not run foot bath for more than 20 minutes.
- Since the machine cannot heat the water on its own, you should add water that is at such a temperature that you want.
- After using foot bath switch it off and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Individuals with complicated issues of blood circulation and diabetes patients are not advised to use this product.
- Do not directly use Epsom salts in foot bath massager because it will lead to blockage of holes from where the bubbles are generated.
- If you are looking for a foot bath massager at home and is easy to use then Dr. Scholl's Invigorating Pedicure Foot Spa is the right product.
- Massages are the best way to assist in the circulation of blood and relieving tension in the feet. This process releases stress and leaves a pleasant feeling.
- Because of continuously wearing boots and shoes in winters, dirt and bacteria are accumulated beneath the toenails. It is necessary to remove this dirt on a regular basis to avoid infection and foot diseases. Therefore doing a pedicure using this foot spa machine leaves the foot clean.
- If we take care of our feet on a regular basis, then signs of fungal infections can be spotted at an early stage just by looking at the toenails. If they get brittle or dark in color, then this indicates a fungal infection and can be treated on time before it gets worse.
- Exfoliating the foot helps to replace the dead skin with the fresh cells of skin, hence preventing cracked heels and bleeding skin.
- Prevents the onset of bunions and corns that are painful. Exfoliation leaves the foot smoother and cleaner.
- Pedicure helps improve not only the health of our feet but also our overall physical health.
- If you are getting a pedicure at a salon, then the machine might not be sterilized, and the chances of getting bacterial/fungal infections are pretty high.
- Should only be used in 20 minutes interval.
- Smart heat and vibrations work simultaneously which means that you can’t turn off one option and use the other one. This can be slightly inconvenient for those that only want to use either of the two functions.
Dr. Scholl’s Pedicure foot spa is the best device for those people who want a quick solution for their tired feet and is also a great foot soaking device. It is feature rich and is easy to operate. Therefore, if you’re looking for a quick and easy pedicure at home, then this is the machine that you should opt for. You might have a problem in fitting your feet in the basin if your feet are too big.
Although the massager lacks certain features like varying massage intensities and multiple massage options, it does consist of some basic features and has a number of attachments that make the massager a good investment.