The health and well-being of our feet is as important as any other parts of our bodies. There’s a reason why the health of your feet is something that’s being practiced globally through massage and foot therapy.
Foot massages are not only for relaxation, but it is also used as pain reliever which leads to the reduction of anxiety and stress. There are people out there who prefer a good foot massage instead of going to a store for over-the-counter medications. An efficient foot massage can help relieve pain and allow you to remain in an elevated mood throughout the day.
According to research, your feet have nerves connected to your entire body. Applying appropriate pressure to, what’s known as pressure points can help relax as well as stimulate different body parts and organs. Your body requires proper blood circulation. The circulation of blood is often disturbed when one is in stress.
While going to a licensed foot massager might not be feasible it doesn’t mean that you can enjoy a foot massage. Investing in an efficient electric foot massage can help you relax whenever you want. Such a device will not only help elevate your mood it’ll also help treat any pain you might be experiencing in your feet or legs.
When you’re in the market to buy an electric foot massager there are a few things you should keep in mind to make an informed purchase. Here’s a guide:
- Should be easy to use: The massager should be easy to use. You don't want to waste time fiddling with numerous knobs and buttons trying to figure out how to set the device.
- Should be safe: The electric massage shouldn’t give rise to a fire hazard or electric shocks.
- Durable: It should be of high-quality and last you a long time. Make sure it comes with a warranty.
- Customizable: Make sure that the electric massager is customizable and you can set the intensity of the massage you want to enjoy.
- Comfortable: The massager should be comfortable for your foot size.
Here are two foot massagers that can provide you with the factors mentioned above:
#1 Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
The Homedics FMS-270H is a deep kneading foot massager which has an overall dimension of 14.5 x 13.4 x 4.5 inches. It also weighs about 6.8 pounds which make it easier for you to set it up in any room of the house you want to use it in.
This product includes a soothing heat massage, 6 rotational heads and 18 massage heads which are the best when it comes to relaxing feet. This product is one of the most efficient massagers that you can opt for if you want to improve your blood flow as well as treat pain.
It utilizes a simple yet relaxing and comforting toe-touch system when it comes to its controls. You just need to sit down on a chair and place your feet on the nodes which have been covered in a clothing mesh. Turn on the device for one of the coziest massages. You can change the intensity of the massage by changing the level of pressure you exert from your feet on this device. The nodes offer three different actions of spin. The heat from this device will stimulate the bottom of your feet. You can use this while watching TV or even when on vacation.
This device is a Shiatsu foot massager which implies that it provides you a professional experience. It will stimulate the pressure points present in your feet in a similar manner to traditional Japanese massages. The muscles inyour feet and eventually your entire body are relaxed because the nodes and heads lay prime focus on the front, heel and the midsole of the foot. The accompanying heat helps to do away with any pain in your feet. There is a red LED light indicator featured in this massager which turns on when this device's heat feature activates. You just need to use this device for 10 minutes a day to enjoy a soothing massage experience.
How to Use
Using the Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager is easy. Just follow the simple steps mentioned below to enjoy a relaxing massage.
- Place the device in the place you want to experience a massage session.
- Plug the device in a power source.
- Sit down on a comfortable chair, couch, or whatever you prefer.
- Turn on the device and place your feet on the intended area.
- Relax as the nodes offer you a soothing massage.
- When done you can turn off the power with the toe-touch control.
- Offers a Shiatsu massage.
- Easy to use. You simply need to plug the massager into a power source.
- Doesn’t produce annoying noises.
- Is easy to move around.
- Offers a heated massage.
- Comfortable pad for your feet.
- Understanding the proper angle for placing your feet might take time for some users.
- Not suitable for people with overly sensitive feet.
- This massager is not suitable for people with high arches.
#2 Medi-Rub Foot Massager 2000 Plus
The Medi-Rub Foot Massager 2000 Plus has been specially designed to help stimulate proper blood flow and circulation in the feet and calve muscles. The main focus is on relieving the aches, pain, and numbness due to stagnant blood. It has been designed by experts in physiotherapy and acupressure therapist to prevent cramps, swelling, and plantar fasciitis. It also helps to relieve pain felt by diabetes patient and peripheral neuropathy.
People who end up standing on their feet a lot because of their work are commonly the ones who experience swelling, numbness and muscles cramps. The Med-Rub 2000 Plus is perfect for everyone who wants to take care of their feet. This device has been made in America, and it has a maintenance free design. It's easy to use. You need to take the massager out of the packaging, plug it into a power source, and enjoy a relaxing sensation.
This massager has a commercial grade 2-speed motor that offers good speed. The motor also makes this device capable of giving intense massages. It is also durable. Furthermore, it has an industrial strength thermoplastic enclosure as well as 10 point inspection for safe mechanical performance. It features an all-steel inner construction that is strong and long lasting as well as features protection from rust.
This massage also doesn’t produce a lot of noise. You can use it with or without shoes. Not only does it stimulate blood circulation it also helps in stimulating nerve endings that are related to the reflexology vital points. It can be used for personalas well as for clinical treatment. This device weighs about 10.4 lbs. and can be easily moved from one place to another. You can keep it in your bedroom, or you can pick it up and place it in your lounge. The choice is yours. It has an approximately 10-foot long power cord. Furthermore, it has anoperation time of about 30 minutes and usersa power source of 120V.
The arch bar on this massager is a part where you can easily curl your toes according to your choice, it is very effective for people with arthritis were swelling, and immobility in joints is the main problem. It has a 1-year money back guarantee, but it also has an optional extended lifetime warranty.
How to use?
As mentioned in the guide above, any electric massage that you go for should be easy to use. The Medi-Rub Foot Massager 2000 Plus is one such massager. There aren’t a lot of buttons for you to make sense of. To use this massager:
- Place it in the place you prefer.
- Plug it into a power source.
- Sit down on a chair, couch, etc. and place your feet on the massager.
- You can customize the intensity through the switch present at the top.
- It has one-year money back warranty.
- It can be used with and without shoes.
- For clinical treatments,this is an effective massager.
- It has smooth running with less noise.
- The arch bar allows you to curl your toes.
- The oscillation is very gentle and feet feel comfortable.
- It has a sturdy design with long lasting material and better finishing.
- It sends the vibration from the feet to the calves and knees that help every muscle and joint to relax.
- Can be used by diabetic patients as well as individuals with arthritis.
- Easy to use.
- The massage intensity is adjustable.
- When running on fully intensity, the device is vulnerable to changing its position due to the vibrations.
- No grip for preventing your feet from sliding off.
- The arch is not adjustable.
Remember to look for the things mentioned in the guide for electric foot massagers. While both products are efficient, the Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager is highly recommended. It offers you one of the best massages along with heat to help relieve pain and loosen muscles.
Amy is a foot massage therapist that has worked with doctors specializing in podiatry while helping numerous clients through various foot conditions. She has reviewed 100s of related foot health products for plantar fasciitis, toenail fungus and more.