In today's world of fashion and trends, men and women wear shoes that look chic on the outside but make your feet miserable on the inside. These uncomfortable shoes cause pain and foot ache in the long run.
You go out to a party, and everyone praises the heels you're wearing. You smile and appreciate the compliments; however, you're also looking forward to the time you'll finally get home and throw them off your feet. Oh! The things we do to look good.
So, what can you do? You can’t just throw all the expensive shoes into the bin, right? You also can’t go ahead and wear slippers to a party or a business meeting. The negative impact that negative shoes have on your feet can be countered if you give yourself a relaxing foot massage. Even if you don't have time to go to a massage therapist, a foot massager is a good option.
There are a lot of foot massagers for you to choose from. There are ones that are easy to use as well as those that offer a lot of features. But you can’t just pick up the first massager you see. You need to make an informed decision to ensure your investment leads to your feet taken care of. To make things easier for you, here are the top three best portable foot massagers you can check out.
#1 PurePulse TENS Electronic Pulse Massager
If you're into massagers and have read about them, you must have heard of the name of this device. The PurePulse is an electronic device that can be used not only by home owners but by chiropractors as well to decrease pain inside the body. This transcutaneous electronic nerve stimulation instrument is very useful in relieving pain in many parts of the body which include lower and upper back, shoulders, neck, as well as legs and feet. The rid of pain or at least decrease its level, this device makes use electrical pulses. It also has a LCD display that provides you with important information about your session with this device.
- High frequency stimulation modes that are 6 in number.
- 3 healing bodywork settings.
- 2 channels
- 4 electrodes are included in the device.
Discussing the features, you get real- time information with the LCD display during your therapy session. This unit includes six high frequency stimulation modes to accommodate the different muscle groups present in your feet, legs, hands, and even your wrists. It possesses dual channels so by using the two different power levels available, it lets the user cater to the different body muscles and tailor the treatment according to preference. A total of 3 healing bodywork settings are a part of this unit. These are, knead, massage, and beat. Muscle stiffness, chronic pain, and soreness are eradicated by these three settings.
The PurePulse unit weighs about 11.02 ounces. This makes it highly portable and convenient to use wherever and whenever you want. It requires 4 AAA batteries that are included with the unit. This instrument measures 5”x 1”x 8”. It offers a frequency of 60Hz. The intensity ranges from 0 to 80 volts. Furthermore, it has an automatic shutdown feature after 15 minutes.
It uses a low voltage in relieving pain occurring in various parts of the body. Through the pads that are attached to the skin and as well as to this unit, the soothing vibration goes through the skin. The device relieves stress and pain using pulses generated by the stimulator which is an important component of this device. It is a great reliever of back pain, wrist pain, joint pain, and even foot pain.
The bioelectric pulses generated by this device enhance the production of endorphins, a natural painkiller secreted by the brain which does the following:
- Helps muscles feel relaxed.
- Helps eradicate menstrual cramps.
- Boosts blood circulation.
- Reduces headaches.
- Large LCD display to show settings and progress during therapy.
- Very compact in design.
- Different modes and settings.
- Dual channels.
- Some people might take time to fully understand how to use this device properly.
#2 uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager with Heat
The uComfy Shiatsu Foot Massager simulates all the right nerves through deep pressure. It uses pressure points in your feet to do its work by manipulating in a traditional manner. Shiatsu means “finger pressure,” and that’s what this device makes use of to help you relax. This is a powerful and robust foot massager that digs deep into your feet. This device is absolutely for those who have never had reflexology therapy before. Reflexology is a bit too painful for sensitive feet that can’t bear the recommended pressure or intensity.
This uComfy foot massaging unit offers relaxation to the user through heat and a kneading sensation that improves blood flow. Since it massages the foot arch appropriately, this product can also be used to get rid of pain caused by plantar fasciitis. This product comes with 5 levels of intensity with regards to the massage it offers. Take note that Level 3 is the default level that can be adjusted later.
- Kneading, vibration and heat adjustment features are included in this device that you can turn on or off at any time during a massage session.
- 5 massage modes and intensity control levels are included in this device. Level 1 being the mildest and Level 5 being the most intense level. You can use the level that you’re comfortable with.
- The cloth that lines the interior can be unzipped. They are also removable for washing.
- Due to being portable and light in weight, this unit can be carried from one place to another with ease. Set it up in any room you want to enjoy a massage in.
- This unit is available in two shapes and sizes (oval and round) and colors (silver and red).
- It measures 17.7 x 15 x 18.1 inches.
- Comes with different intensity levels.
- Offers heat.
- Durable make.
- Portable and light in weight.
- Quiet to use.
- Improves blood flow.
- Helps to relieve pain.
- Good solution for treating stiff muscles.
- No option to adjust heat.
- The size can be considered a bit bulky by some users.
- Doesn’t work on the sides of feet.
- Not recommended for feet bigger than size 12.
- Might be too aggressive for people with sensitive feet.
#3 3Q MG-F18 Foot Massager
The 3Q MG-F18 Foot Massager with Shiatsu, Kneading, Air pressure massage and Heat Function unit focuses on the pressure points in the feet to relieve pain and stimulate blood flow. It works out aches and pains and relaxes your feet after a hectic day. It has all the options to adjust the intensity of the massage as well as to adjust heat and pressure according to your needs. Whether it's a medical condition or the pain in your feet is because of a lot of labor, this massager is ideal to deal any kind of foot and even leg aches.
1. Kneading and Shiatsu Massage
The combination of Shiatsu and kneading motions give you the massage you've always wanted to have. It is better than just a rolling machine, which a lot of massagers over. The kneading motions help to loosen knots and help boost blood circulation.
2. Air Pressure
This is another unique feature of this device. It has an air pressure mode, which you can set to low, medium or high levels, that expands and presses against your feet for a better experience.
3. Heat Feature
Heat makes any massage better. Unlike the massager discussed above, this unit has heat adjustment option so you can set the heat to low or high depending on your requirements.
4. Safety Cut Off
An automatic shut off after 15 minutes is present as a safety measure if you fall asleep or forget to turn it off.
Furthermore, this device is well-built and is portable. It comes in at 13 x 18 x 9 inches and weighs just 10 lbs.
- This foot massager helps improve blood circulation and relieve foot pain by reaching all pressure points of your feet and ankles.
- The intensity of the massager can be controlled and adjusted.
- The air pressure adjustment feature is good for light rubbing.
- Compressed air lets you enjoy an uninterrupted foot massage.
- Has a heat adjustment feature.
- Lightweight and compact.
- The cover can be cleaned easily.
- Not recommended for large feet.
- People with sensitive feet might not be able to tolerate the combined air pressure and kneading features.
- Doesn’t come with a remote control.
When it comes to buying the right foot massager that also happens to be portable, you need to make an informed decision. All three devices mentioned in this list are reliable. However, you should definitely check out the PurePulse Electronic Pulse Massager because it can be used on various body parts for the kind of massage you need. The electronic pulses can be used to stimulate your feet, legs, back, and even your wrists for a soothing experience.
Amanda has struggled with plantar fasciitis for many years until she gathered enough knowledge to manage the symptoms and rid herself of all the problems. As there are too few sources for foot health issues, she has decided to help others with her knowledge about this and other foot conditions.